Oftentimes people can find sparring a little bit intimidating, especially for their first time. When I first started, I simply relied on my muscle memory from previous years of drilling techniques to get me through. As I continue to train and improve, here are a few tips I learned along the way to help you along your way:
- Look at their chest because when you look at their chest you can see the whole body.
- Watch for indications that they’re going to attack like their shoulders moving.
- Watch how the other people spar because that will allow you to know what you are kind of up against.
- Always keep your hands up so its faster to block when you need to.
- Always be on the balls of your feet to help you move faster.
- Try and see what your opponents next move will be for example if they move a certain way try thinking of all the possible techniques they can use.
- When you attack try not to make it like a pattern so do not wait five seconds to attack each time
- Be aggressive I find I spar better when I am aggressive that does not mean kick or punch hard we do not want to hurt the other person.